Bulkley Valley Cross Country Ski Club
UPDATED March 11, 2022 to reflect the lifting of the provincial mask requirement.
We can enjoy great skiing while staying safe during this pandemic by following these policies:
1. Anyone working at, using or visiting the Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre should:
- Manage your personal risk and respect others' decisions about wearing a mask and/or maintaining physical distance. (Recognize that others may have different health concerns or circumstances and different risk tolerance.)
- Avoid coming to the Nordic Centre when sick with a communicable disease or showing symptoms of COVID or other communicable disease.
- Practice hand hygiene (washrooms and hand sanitizer will be available).
- Acknowledge that there are risks associated with entering club facilities and/or participating in club activities, and that the measures taken by BVCCSC and participants, including those set out in this policy, will not eliminate those risks.
2. Club activities, members and visitors must follow current direction from public health officials. Events will be planned so that activities take place outside as much as possible.
3. The Club’s directors recommend vaccination to reduce the danger of COVID. Vaccination is not mandatory for unorganized use Nordic Centre facilities. For the safety of our employees and the people they need to interact with, the Club requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The above policies are subject to change to comply with updated direction from public health officials.
- Cross Country BC's latest return to sport information
- ViaSport BC Return to Sport
- Recreation Sites and Trails BC COVID-19 response
During the 2020-2021 season, BVCCSC maintained a COVID Safety Plan based on requirements and guidance from public health officials, our provincial sport organizations, WorkSafeBC and Recreation Sites and Trails BC. When Step 3 of BC's Restart Plan took effect on July 1, 2021, our club’s COVID Safety Plan was no longer required and is now archived below. WorkSafe BC and Public Health still expect us to take reasonable steps to manage health and safety, including communicable disease prevention.
BVCCSC COVID-19 Safety Plan revised December 13, 2020