The club prepared a COVID-19 Safety Plan based on requirements and guidance from public health officials, our provincial sport organizations, WorkSafeBC and Recreation Sites and Trails BC. We feel strongly that we can provide great skiing while staying safe during this pandemic and we thank you for your help in making that happen by complying with this COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Download the BVCCSC COVID-19 Safety Plan
If you choose to use BV Nordic Centre trails or facilities or participate in club programs or events, you must agree to abide by the rules and guidance in the club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and:
- agree to stay away from the Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre if you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or if you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms. (See BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en)
- agree to follow social distancing protocols of staying at least 2m away from others and follow passing etiquette described in the club's COVID-19 Safety Plan when passing others on the ski trails.
- agree to sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting any building and to wear a mask while inside any building (see the club's COVID-19 Safety Plan for exception while eating).
- agree to allow the use of your name and contact information for COVID-19 related purposes such as notifications and contact-tracing.
- acknowledge that there are risks associated with entering club facilities and/or participating in club activities, and that the measures taken by the club and participants, including those set out above and and set out in provincial guidance and Return to Sport protocols, will not entirely eliminate those risks.
Other Guidance and Return to Sport Protocols
- Cross Country BC's latest return to sport information
- ViaSport BC Return to Sport
- Recreation Sites and Trails BC COVID-19 response
During the summer of 2020, our club adopted Cross Country BC's safety plan at the time as our own for the purpose of allowing "off-season" group training. See pages 3-8 of this document: https://bvnordic.ca/images/content/Return2SportCOVID-19SafetyPlan-CrossCountryBC.pdf
The participant agreement used for off-season training is available on zone4 here https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=23995