The club maintains safety equipment at the Nordic Centre for use by anyone in need. Club members are encouraged to become familiar with the following so they will be able to assist in an emergency. This information and important contact numbers are posted next to the Lodge Telephone.
- A telephone is available on the main floor across from the 1st Aid room.
- The phone number is 250-846-5030
- The phone is for emergency or brief non-emergency calls. Long distance calls will be blocked.
- Dial 9-1-1 for ambulance, police, SAR(Search and Rescue) or fire
Ski at your own risk
- Skiing alone is NOT recommended
- Don't rely on cell phones as coverage is poor on most trails.
- There is NO First Aid Attendant and NO ski patrol.
- Trails are NOT patrolled at the end of the day.
1st Aid Supplies
- Small first aid kit upstairs above small kitchen sink
- Portable first aid kits in unlocked cupboard in main floor 1st Aid Room
- Rescue tobaggon located in Shed #1 by maintenance buildings. Blankets, leg splint, neck brace and basic 1st Aid kit inside wrapped "burrito"
- Emergency Kits out on trails - locations marked on trail map. Contains wool blanket, reflective blanket, matches, tensor bandages, hand warmers
AED (Automated external defibrillator)
- The AED is next to the stairs, inside the main door of the lodge.
- The AED is a portable device that checks the heart rhythm and can shock a heart to restore a normal rhythm.
- Anyone can use the AED. It Talks! Best used with a call to 911.
- If someone is unconscious, use the AED. It only shocks if needed.
Snowmobile Rescue Sled
- BV Nordic Centre owns a rescue snowmobile(yellow skandic) equipped with a toe bar and a rescue toboggan located in Shed #1 by maintenance buildings. Blankets, leg splint, neck brace and basic 1st Aid kit inside wrapped "burrito" in toboggan.
- Helmets are located in unlocked cupboard in main floor 1st Aid Room
- The snowmonile is only to be driven by individuals that are familiar with snowmobile operation. Operate at own risk.
- To start:
- Ensure red square ON/OFF switch on right side is in ON position (pull upwards)
- Attach key to ignition on left side of dashboard. Key located in woodenbox in #1 shed
- Push ORANGE button on left side until engine start. If you hear "beeping" every 2 seconds, wiggle the key on its ignition
- Push down on gear level and swirch to 1st gear.
Emergency Rescue Procedures
- Link to Emergency Rescue Procedures