Skiing with a Dog
The Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre has 11 kilometres of dog-friendly ski trails, groomed for classic and skate skiing. Dog trails are accessible from the lower parking lot via a tunnel. Dogs are not allowed on other Nordic Centre trails, the upper parking lot or in buildings
- Pooch Paradise 4.6 km
- Hound Heaven 2.3 km
- The Pup 0.5 km
- Wild Dog 3.3 km
- Connecting trails to lower parking 0.3 km
You and 1 or 2 dogs are welcome to ski the dog trails provided you agree to the following:
- Dogs must be on leash in the lower parking lot and until after the tunnel.
- Dogs can be off-leash after the tunnel if you keep your dog in sight and in control (i.e. trained to be quickly recalled to prevent unwanted interactions with others).
- Dog owners are fully responsible for any incident involving their dog(s).
- Skiers with dogs must ski in the direction posted. One-way dog traffic is designed to reduce confrontations.Skiers without dogs are allowed to ski either direction.
- Skiers with dogs must remove their dog’s waste from trails; either take it home in a bag or flick unbagged poop into the bush. Keep our trails pleasant, please flick neglected poop too.
Tip from a dog owner: use a bag to pick up and toss the poop off the trail. Keep the bag, tie it clean side out and take it home.
Read the club's policy on skiing with dogs at the Nordic Centre