Notice to Off-Season Users of the BV Nordic Centre
Saturday July 3, 2021
Notice to Off-Season Users of the Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre (i.e.caretakers, volunteers, workers on construction projects and any coaches using the facilities for off-season activities).
As of July 1, 2021, BC is in Step 3 of its Restart Plan. Many COVID-related requirements have been removed or relaxed. COVID Safety Plans are no longer required. Instead, WorkSafe BC and Public Health expect us to take reasonable steps to manage health and safety, including preventing communicable disease transmission.
The fundamental components of communicable disease prevention are:
- Supporting staff in avoiding the workplace when sick;
- Providing hand hygiene facilities;
- Maintaining a clean environment through routine cleaning
- Ensuring building ventilation is properly maintained and functioning as designed
- Supporting employees in receiving vaccinations for vaccine-preventable conditions
Implications for the Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre this summer and fall:
- Our COVID Safety Plan and its measures are no longer in effect. Masks, distancing and building occupancy restrictions are not mandatory.
- The lodge kitchen will be open for self-serve use and clean-up by workers and volunteers.
- Lodge rentals are now possible so activity organizers whould check with Gen Perkins, Brant Dahlie or Steve Osborn to avoid conflicts if you plan to use the lodge for a club activity.
If you are participating in any activity at the Nordic Centre, please observe these communicable disease prevention measures:
- Avoid coming to the Nordic Centre when sick.
- Mask wearing is recommended in indoor spaces for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. Mask wearing by anyone is OK.
- Practice hand hygiene (washrooms and hand sanitizer will be available).
- Organizers of projects or activities should ensure washrooms and high-touch surfaces are cleaned at a frequency that reflects usage.
- Getting vaccinated is highly recommended.
Please recognise that some participants will be hesitant to be in close proximity to those who are not fully vaccinated. Ideally, individuals at a project or activity will share their vaccination status with the other participants so that each person can decide what undertakings they are comfortable participating in. The organiser will work with participants to ensure that no one has to feel unsafe or uncomfortable.