COVID-19 Safety Plan for safe skiing during the pandemic
Tuesday September 29, 2020
Our club has a COVID-19 Safety Plan for 2020-2021. Download it from this COVID-19 Information page. The plan was prepared based on requirements and guidance from public health officials, our provincial sport organizations, WorkSafeBC and Recreation Sites and Trails BC. We feel strongly that we can provide great skiing while staying safe during this pandemic and we thank you for your help in making that happen by reading and complying with our Plan.
A few highlights about this ski season:
- Membership, season passes and day tickets will be available as normal but no one will be running the weekend ticket booth. Self-serve only.
- We will offer the full range of skill developent programs, with modifications. Details to come.
- Events and competitions are scheduled but will only proceed if safe to do so based on public health guidance and event-specific safety plans.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces will allow members and guests to use the lodge, washrooms and wax hut with conditions: limited capacity, mandatory use of masks and hand sanitizing, kitchen closed except for events with Food Safe oversight and event-specific COVID-19 Safety Plans
- Trail etiquette guidelines will encourage physical distancing and safe passing.